Skip to content
While we all love a good snow day and hot cocoa, winter also often means high heating bills. Luckily, by choosing propane for home heating, you have plenty of options to help you save energy and money this winter! Keep reading to find out just a few tips for keeping your tootsies and house warm on a budget!
- Invest in a programmable thermostat so that you can heat your home on a schedule. You can program your thermostat using an app so that it stays off during the day when you aren’t home and switches on in just enough time to warm up when you walk through the door!
- Install blinds and drapes on all the windows! This is a great way to keep the heat in! Take advantage of the natural warmth of the sun by opening them during the day and shutting them at night so less heat can escape!
- Change your furnace filter once a month! If your filter is clogged, your furnace will have to use more energy to work properly!
- Consider a propane fireplace for your home! Propane fireplaces are significantly more energy efficient and also distribute heat more evenly throughout your home!
- Buy energy efficient appliances and energy-star propane powered appliances to ensure that you are getting the most bang for your buck no matter what the weather!
On top of these tips, also keep your eye on fuel prices throughout the year and buy propane gas when it’s the lowest instead of waiting until your gas tank is empty! Call your local ThompsonGas propane supplier and ask about getting your home on level pay plan this year and take the worry out of propane home heating!