CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT LAW If you are a California resident and a current ThompsonGas customer, one time per year you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties – if any – for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information covered by the Shine the Light law will be included in our response.To request a notice, please submit your request by mail to:
ThompsonGas, LLC Attn: IT Dept. – California Privacy – Shine the Light Request 5260 Westview Drive, Suite 200 Frederick, MD 21703 You may also submit a request to us by email to www.thompsongas.com/contact-us/. Please include “California Privacy – Shine the Light Request” in the subject line of your email. Please also include your name, mailing address, and current account number in the body of your email or letter. If you are a California resident, we will provide the requested information to you at your email address if we have your email address on file. Please allow 30 days for a response.
- CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT The California Consumer Privacy Act, California Civil Code Sections 1798.100 et seq., as amended (“CCPA”), provides residents of the State of California several rights related to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information collected by certain businesses. These California Privacy Rights include: rights of access and disclosure, a right to request deletion, a right to opt-out of the sale of information, and a right to nondiscrimination. Businesses that collect consumers’ personal information must comply with consumers’ requests consistent with the requirements of the CCPA. Some exceptions apply, as set forth in the CCPA; if we decline to take action upon a request, we will notify you of the reasons why. If we fulfill a request for access or disclosure of personal information, we will deliver the requested information electronically or by mail, free of charge. We are not required to respond to a consumer’s requests for access or disclosure of personal information more than twice in a 12-month period.
- RIGHT TO CORRECT.
- You have the right to correct inaccurate California Personal Information under the CCPA, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act effective January 1, 2023 (“CPRA”). We strive to keep your personal information accurate, current and complete. If you believe your California Personal Information is inaccurate, you may contact us through any of the options as described in the EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS section below.
- RIGHT TO LIMIT USE AND DISCLOSURE OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- In addition to your rights under the CCPA, as amended by the CPRA, you have the right to limit the use of “sensitive personal information” as defined by California privacy laws unless our use of sensitive personal information is reasonably necessary to perform services or provide goods reasonably expected by an average consumer. While this consumer right is not applicable to how we collect or use your Sensitive Personal Information, we have included this information here as this is a core part of your rights as a California consumer.
- Categories of Personal Information we collect about you.
- Categories of sources for the Personal Information we collect about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The categories of Personal Information that each recipient received.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
RIGHT TO REQUEST DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION You have the right, subject to certain exceptions defined in the CCPA and other applicable laws and regulations, to request that we delete any of your Personal Information we have collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS To exercise the CCPA rights described above, please submit a consumer request to us by either: • Calling us toll-free at 1-833-746-7527; or • Send us a request by mail to: ThompsonGas, LLC Attn: IT Dept. – California Privacy Request 5260 Westview Drive, Suite 200 Frederick, MD 21703 In order for us to process this request you must:
- Provide sufficient information to allow us to verify, to a reasonably high degree of certainty, that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information. This includes providing us with multiple pieces of Personal Information to match against Personal Information about you that we may or may not maintain and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verification. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request for the purpose of verifying the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail to enable us to understand, evaluate, and respond to your request.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity, confirm your authority to make the request, and confirm that the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. Please note that we will not accept more than two verifiable consumer requests within a 12-month period. AUTHORIZED AGENT Only you, or a person you have designated in writing as your authorized agent, or who is registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf, or whom you have provided power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465 (“Authorized Agent”), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. Although individuals under the age of 18 are not permitted to use our Services and we do not knowingly collect the Personal Information of children, you have the right to make verifiable consumer requests on behalf of your minor child. If you wish to have an Authorized Agent make a verifiable consumer request on your behalf, the Authorized Agent must provide us with sufficient written proof that you have designated him or her as your Authorized Agent. In addition to such proof, you must still provide sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information. NON-DISCRIMINATION You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of service.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for services or a different level or quality of services.
From time to time, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA as compensation for the collection, sale, or deletion of Personal Information. If we do so, we will provide you with notice and collect your opt-in consent consistent with the requirements of the CCPA.