There’s no better time than now to consider propane for home heating. With a cold, long winter literally right around the corner, a gas fireplace or insert will keep your family comfortable, safe and warm. At ThompsonGas, our residential propane gas fireplaces are both practical and pleasing to the eyes, plus you can choose from different styles, designs and quality brands including the smart shopper’s first choice Mendota fireplaces.
Are you considering buying a gas fireplace or insert before the weather takes a frigid turn for the worse? Here are some helpful tips to help you choose the style and product that’s perfect for you.
- Size: Select a size based on the amount of heat the fireplace needs to generate, the desired aesthetic or the opening of an existing fireplace for an insert.
- Location: A gas fireplace can be installed in any part of the home!
- Venting: Mendota recommends a direct-vented unit that vents through the wall behind the fireplace. This is the safest, most efficient option. With fireplace inserts, a chimney liner is required.
- Installation: Always use a certified, professional installer like ThompsonGas to ensure safe and reliable installation. Our residential propane gas providers are highly trained and offer customers a free site survey, guaranteed installations, custom fabrication and onsite tank refills to extend time between refills. (Click here to schedule a site survey.)
- Maintenance: Gas fireplaces are clean burning and require little maintenance, but Mendota recommends a professional service at least once a year and all vents inspected annually by a chimney sweep certified by the Chimney Safety Institute of America. ThompsonGas also guarantees safe, efficient and quick turnarounds on all repair requests. If you have a fireplace in need of repair, click here.
- Cost: The price of the unit itself is only part of the total cost of owning a gas fireplace. Other requirements include the cost of the chimney and/or installation, annual fuel costs and annual maintenance. Contact our residential propane service experts for pricing.
Bask in the warm glow of your own gas fireplace this winter! Contact our propane gas providers today for a site survey, or visit our Boonsboro retail showroom to check out our gas fireplaces in person.