The days are now longer, flowers are beginning to bloom and soon the tempting smell of barbecue will be drifting throughout the neighborhood. Before we know it spring will be here. As many of us are preparing to declutter, repair and reorganize our homes this spring, it’s also important to check our propane systems. To maintain your propane system and propane-powered appliances all spring and summer long, consider these propane gas service tips while spring cleaning:
- Remove any combustible materials (long, dry grass, wood or debris) within 10 feet of your propane tank or cylinder(s).
- If you have residential propane appliances that have not been used since last fall, such as a gas-fired pool heater or gas grill, have them inspected by your qualified ThompsonGas technician before using.
- Don’t store propane cylinders or tanks inside of confined buildings. This includes basements and sheds.
- Before digging to plant spring flowers, new trees or any other work in your backyard, call 811 to have your utility lines marked.
- Contact your local ThompsonGas office to request a copy of the propane service safety brochure. This brochure has many proven safety tips, plus a scratch-and-sniff dot designed to familiarize homeowners with the scent added to propane.
ThompsonGas sells, services and installs a number of propane service appliances, including air conditioning units, fire pits and gas grills, perfect for this time of year. Contact us today and we’ll hook you up with everything you need to make this spring sensational.
– The ThompsonGas Team