Even though temperatures are still warm, fall will be here soon and then winter. It’s not too early to start preparing for colder weather. The steps you take now can help you be prepared for this coming winter.
There are steps you can take within your home to make sure you are ready for winter. As you prepare for the colder season, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- To prevent drafts, check weather stripping around doors and windows.
- For maximum efficiency, have your furnace inspected and change the HVAC system
- Clear any brush or obstructions around your tank so drivers have a clear path to deliver your propane.
- Utilize programmable thermostats and in a 2-story home set the upstairs to a lower
- To help circulate warm air lower, add ceiling fans to high ceilings.
- Wrap your water heater with a thermal wrap if it isn’t in an insulated heated area to
preserve water warmth and save energy.
- To distribute heat more evenly throughout the room, consider a propane fireplace. They’re much more efficient than wood burning models.
Summer is a good time to call and arrange for a service ThompsonGas technician to inspect your propane system and address any problems. To avoid emergencies this winter, take care of potential problems now.
For more information, contact your local ThompsonGas.