For many families today, your outdoor space is an extension of your home, so why not enjoy it longer? Adding a propane heater to your home’s patio will allow you and your family to enjoy your outdoor space long after summer is gone. Now that’s worth considering!
Residential propane heaters are flexible and among the most economical to operate for the amount of heat they produce. The main benefits of an affordable propane heater are the stylish designs, the mobility, and the safety features.
Obviously, the space where you want to provide warmth is an important part of choosing a heater. So, before you choose your propane patio heater, you will want to consider the size of the area you will be using it in.
Along with the space size, your personal preference will determine what type of heater you choose. The larger freestanding models can heat up to 25 square feet.
Safety considerations and features
Before purchasing your propane heater, there are several safety features to consider. Propane heaters are for outdoor use only and should sit on a completely level surface. They shouldn’t be placed in areas with lots of wind. Check the manufacturer’s owner’s manual for clearances to combustibles and walls.
The following are safety features you want to look for when shopping for a propane heater:
- Automatic Shut-off – Turns the heater off if it gets too hot.
- Tilt-Over Protection – A switch automatically turns off the heating element if the heater is knocked over.
- Cool-Touch Glass – Makes them safe around kids and pets.
- Safety Approvals – UL- and CSA- tested are common safety approvals you want to look for in heaters. This ensures that the products have been evaluated and meet all safety requirements.
- Assembly – Most propane heaters come at least partially assembled, others come fully assembled. You want consider this feature because an unassembled patio heater may take more time to assemble.
- Adjustable Flames – Many heaters have flames that can be adjusted to match your desired ambiance and heat level.
- Length of Warranty – You want to look for an outdoor heater with a long warranty. With a longer warranty, you can be confident that it is made with quality materials and will endure tough environmental conditions.
With a propane patio heater, you’ll be able to entertain and enjoy your outdoor living space well into the autumn months. By choosing the right unit for your needs, you’re guaranteeing satisfaction and relaxation for years to come. To find out if ThompsonGas is a propane service provider in your area, go to www.ThompsonGas.com.